Skip to main content

Problem 20 Project Euler Solution with Python

Factorial digit sum

n! means n × (n − 1) × ... × 3 × 2 × 1
For example, 10! = 10 × 9 × ... × 3 × 2 × 1 = 3628800,
and the sum of the digits in the number 10! is 3 + 6 + 2 + 8 + 8 + 0 + 0 = 27.
Find the sum of the digits in the number 100!

This problem is similar to Problem 16 Power digit sum.

I am not going to explain any part of this post as it is direct application of python programming to get the solution.

Program

Program is as follows:
If you want to download above program then you can download it from Github Gist pep20.py

Output

Summary

This problem is very simple if you were to solve it using python. I am not sure of other programming languages because you will face problems with long numbers. I think the question has been framed keeping in mind the long numbers in other programming language. Anyways looking at other side, the question has been framed  to brush up our concepts in python.

As always if you have any doubt or didn't understand anything comment in the comment box below and I will be glad to help you.

Please do comment if you have found a typo or have a better/different program. 

You can also contact me.

Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Project Euler Problem 62 solution with python

Cubic permutations ¶ The cube, 41063625 (3453), can be permuted to produce two other cubes: 56623104 (3843) and 66430125 (4053). In fact, 41063625 is the smallest cube which has exactly three permutations of its digits which are also cube. Find the smallest cube for which exactly five permutations of its digits are cube.

Project Euler Problem 67 Solution with Python

Maximum path sum II By starting at the top of the triangle below and moving to adjacent numbers on the row below, the maximum total from top to bottom is 23. 3 7 4 2 4 6 8 5 9 3 That is, 3 + 7 + 4 + 9 = 23. Find the maximum total from top to bottom in triangle.txt (right click and 'Save Link/Target As...'), a 15K text file containing a triangle with one-hundred rows.

Add/Embed SVG to Blogger website

In this post I will tell you my method(trick) of adding SVG images in a blogger website or blog. Before starting , the first thin g I am assu m ing is that you are aware of SVG if you are here. If not please see S calable V ec tor G raphics Recently when I tried to embed a SVG image for a post on pygal, I tried uploading the SVG file and blogger Image uploader came up with an error, because of which I had to find some other way.  SVG File upload Error in Blogger  I started sea rc hing Google " Embed SVG in Blogger " . I found blogorrhea , w h ich gave some i nformatio n on add ing SVG directly as a markup , which worked , but I faced another problem using this . Also th is guy has used lot of Javascript which was confusin g for me, being new to using SVG.   So I first t houg ht of learning on h ow to embed SVG in HTML and t his on e worked out. Actually we can embed SVG in HTML i n following ways: Using Object tag Using Iframe tag Using embed...