Skip to main content

Problem 25 Project Euler Solution With python

1000-digit Fibonacci number

The Fibonacci sequence is defined by the recurrence relation:
Fn = Fn−1 + Fn−2, where F1 = 1 and F2 = 1.
Hence the first 12 terms will be:
F1 = 1
F2 = 1
F3 = 2
F4 = 3
F5 = 5
F6 = 8
F7 = 13
F8 = 21
F9 = 34
F10 = 55
F11 = 89
F12 = 144
The 12th term, F12, is the first term to contain three digits.
What is the index of the first term in the Fibonacci sequence to contain 1000 digits?

I know that if you have learned programming(Whatever may be the source) you should have come across this sequence called as Fibonacci sequence named after Fibonacci. Even if you have not come across this sequence at any time in your life, not a problem then to. Fibonacci is a very simple sequence. we start with 0,1, the next number will be 1(0+1), next number will be 2(1+1), next number will be 3(2+1) and so on. Briefly present number in the sequence is the sum of the previous two terms in the sequence.

Now to solve this problem we have used dynamic programming/memorization concept which we have used to solve many of the problems at project Euler in past. 

As the value of the present Fibonacci number depends on the previous value, we store the value in some list and for every iteration we use the value back again instead of starting from the scratch. This will save a lot of time as we will not use any extra for loops or extra while loops.

I don't think that there is no more explanation needed for the algorithm because the program itself looks like an algorithm as we have written it in python. 

First read the question carefully and then read the program you will understand it easily. Try to take some iteration as an example and insert the values in the program. This will help you understand the program very easily.

Program

The code is well commented and I am assuming that you will be able to understand the code easily. 

You can download the source code from Github Gist pep25.py 

Output

Summary 

This problem was pretty easy as we have solved the previous problems. May be we can say that our experience helped us solving this problem. Other than that I don't have any comments on this question. I just want to thank Python.

If you have any doubt or didn't understand anything comment in the comment box below and I will be glad to help you. Please don't hesitate to comment if you have a better code/different code/ if you have any suggestions. 

You can also contact me. I will mostly reply to each and every mail ASAP.

Thank you. Have a nice day🙂.

Popular posts from this blog

Project Euler Problem 62 solution with python

Cubic permutations ¶ The cube, 41063625 (3453), can be permuted to produce two other cubes: 56623104 (3843) and 66430125 (4053). In fact, 41063625 is the smallest cube which has exactly three permutations of its digits which are also cube. Find the smallest cube for which exactly five permutations of its digits are cube.

Project Euler Problem 67 Solution with Python

Maximum path sum II By starting at the top of the triangle below and moving to adjacent numbers on the row below, the maximum total from top to bottom is 23. 3 7 4 2 4 6 8 5 9 3 That is, 3 + 7 + 4 + 9 = 23. Find the maximum total from top to bottom in triangle.txt (right click and 'Save Link/Target As...'), a 15K text file containing a triangle with one-hundred rows.

Add/Embed SVG to Blogger website

In this post I will tell you my method(trick) of adding SVG images in a blogger website or blog. Before starting , the first thin g I am assu m ing is that you are aware of SVG if you are here. If not please see S calable V ec tor G raphics Recently when I tried to embed a SVG image for a post on pygal, I tried uploading the SVG file and blogger Image uploader came up with an error, because of which I had to find some other way.  SVG File upload Error in Blogger  I started sea rc hing Google " Embed SVG in Blogger " . I found blogorrhea , w h ich gave some i nformatio n on add ing SVG directly as a markup , which worked , but I faced another problem using this . Also th is guy has used lot of Javascript which was confusin g for me, being new to using SVG.   So I first t houg ht of learning on h ow to embed SVG in HTML and t his on e worked out. Actually we can embed SVG in HTML i n following ways: Using Object tag Using Iframe tag Using embed...